Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Appear on a Gameshow... ?

About a month ago, I traveled down to L.A. for an MRI. My friend Jeny came with me for a day of fun... the MRI was just a good excuse to go to L.A. We were going to try out for a gameshow. I scheduled it on a day that the "Price is Right" was recording. What did I do? I didn't plan or organize... so at the last minute the tickets were no longer available. We could've shown up at the door to try to get tickets, but the taping would've taken 4 hours. So it was deciding what was more valuable at the moment... trying to get on national tv or spending the day exploring with my friend. We explored. It was a great day.

I had another opportunity to audition for a gameshow just this week. Things weren't really coming together. Then Matt expressed interest. It worked out for he and his friend Mike to audition. I decided that they were more charismatic than I and had a better chance. So they auditioned and will hear back in a few weeks. Turns out, though, if they are on, I will have my chance to be on a gameshow. We'll see!!

I guess part of this journey that's neat for me is seeing what's really truly important to me. You think there are certain things that you want out of life, but when it comes down to it there are other things you value more... like quality time with a friend on the journey or sacrificing for your loved one.

I love dissonance and recovering from the tension of the notes to discover the chord that fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment