Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trading Up & An Edit

I created a new goal today, "Trading Up" #33. The fun thing about this one is that it's already in process.

The idea behind trading up is that you take an item of small value and slowly (or quickly, we'll see) trade it up to items of greater and greater value. I'm going to trade up until I get a minivan or ipad or a pet monkey. It's going to be an adventure. A totally doable adventure as a mom of a young kids thanks to 700+ facebook friends and craigslist. Let the adventure begin!

And a bit of an edit to one of my goals-- #22. It did read "Become an expert martial artist." I have to say, that really has never been my desire (more of Matt's). But I do want to be trained in self defense. So it's not as bold of a goal, but I would like to pursue it. In order to do that, I have to overcome some emotional struggles with learning self defense. Drills make me cry. They are intimidating to me. But not as intimidating as getting attacked in real life. I need to face it without feeling emotionally attacked as well.

Bless you all & happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. I love your trading up idea! Looking forward to seeing where that goes. I've taken self-defense before, and it's very empowering. Once you get over that initial hesitation, I'm sure you'll find it that way as well.

    ReplyDelete